Chroma is the open-source embedding database. Chroma makes it easy to build LLM apps by making knowledge, facts, and skills pluggable for LLMs.
Chroma gives you the tools to:
- store embeddings and their metadata
- embed documents and queries
- search embeddings
- simplicity and developer productivity
- analysis on top of search
- it also happens to be very quick
Chroma consists of a
Python client SDK,
Chroma is licensed under Apache 2.0
In Python, Chroma can run
in-memory or in
pip install chromadb
client/server mode and talks to a Python backend.
npm install --save chromadb # yarn add chromadb
Continue with the full getting started guide.
🔑 Getting started
🧪 Usage Guide
📄 API Reference
💬 Join Community Discord
We welcome contributions for other langauges!
Learn more on the Community Discord.